Jamaican Jerk Seasoning

JAMAICAN JERK SEASONING

I found it impossible (recently) to find Jamaican Jerk seasoning in my local shops, so decided to make my own.  It's all a matter of degree and taste, but this is as good a place to start as any.  I mixed a couple of different recipes together to determine my own family's favourite and I share it here.  I added up the net carb count and one batch comes in at 14g net carbs, which is 0.7g net carbs per teaspoon.

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp Onion Powder
  • 3 tsp Dried Thyme
  • 3 tsp Ground Mixed Spice
  • 3 tsp Ground Black Pepper
  • 3 tsp Bocha Sweet Sugar
  • 2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Ground Ginger
  • 1 tsp Ground Sweet Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
  • 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 tsp Dried Marjoram
  • 1 tsp Dried Sage
  • 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
Method
  • Mix all the ingredients together well in a bowl and decant into a sterilised jar.
Enjoy!

NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.

Comments